accelX & matrox millennium - wrong netscape colors

accelX & matrox millennium - wrong netscape colors

Post by Richard Brookhui » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I just installed AcceleratedX 4.1 and when I ran Netscape (communicator
4.05) I saw that all the borders of the Navigation toolbar, the location
toolbar and all other windows were dark grey instead of the usual light
grey.
Can anyone help me with this?
I heard it was possible to use images as background for the toolbars,
please tell me how!

thanx in advance,

Richard

Post by Mr. Anti Spa » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

Try startx -- -bpp 16 or 24

Or

netscape -install

to install a private colormap

Quote:> I just installed AcceleratedX 4.1 and when I ran Netscape (communicator

accelX & matrox millennium - wrong netscape colors

Post by James A. Robins » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 01 May 1998 20:53:57 +0200, Richard Brookhuis

> I just installed AcceleratedX 4.1 and when I ran Netscape (communicator
> 4.05) I saw that all the borders of the Navigation toolbar, the location
> toolbar and all other windows were dark grey instead of the usual light
> grey.

Your color settings are too low. All your colors are being sucked up
before netscape gets a chance to run them. Try running xdpyinfo from
an xterm and looking for the depth. How much memory do you have on
your card? There are max resolutions/color depth you can achieve with
various megs of RAM on your video card (See the XFree86 HOWTO for an
explanation).

Quote:> Can anyone help me with this?  I heard it was possible to use images
> as background for the toolbars, please tell me how!

Depending on your window manager, yes. I know at least KDE and
Enlightenment let you do this. Check your docs. But you need to
address the color problem before zapping your colormap even more.

--

Stanford University HighWire Press       - 650-723-7294 (W), 650-725-9335 (F)

1. X-3.2.2 && Matrox Millennium II

Yesterday i upgrade The XFree86-3.2.1 to XFree-3.2.2

I compile the source in my Linux box PentiumPro-200 (kernel-2.0.33

 glibc-2.0.6) takes about 40 minutes(Make World --> Make install).

 My Video cards is a Matrox Millennium II with 8Megas WM, and

 i'm surprising with the behavior of the new X windows.Whem

 i move the mouse or click in the icons ,my window manager is

 Afertstep 1.0,the display going off (turning black the display),

 the widows ficks very much.

 I'm returning back to Xfree 3.2.1 ,works great

 Any help is apreciated or sugestion.

 Thanks

   Pedro Pias
  ------------       (LINUX -- PORTUGAL)

2. traceroute 10.1.1.2=> 10.1.1.1 .323ms !H .238ms !H

3. Matrox Millennium II && XFree-3.3.2

4. How to mount /dev/scd0p1 ?

5. Matrox Millennium + XFree86 3.3 only 256 colors?

6. Unable to login on ANY account!

7. matrox millennium II AGP same as millennium G200 AGP2X ??

8. Is the Redhat 7.3 have been remove "linuxconf" this command for this version ?

9. Netscape and 24 bit color (Millennium video card)

10. Matrox Millennium & Sony Trinitron 17sfII flashing problem?

11. Compaq & Matrox MGA Millennium Graphics Controller Board

12. Matrox Millennium & Linux

13. Matrox Millennium & Linux Question