changing default resolution for xdm?

Post by Georg Schwa » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Is it possible to configure xdm to start up with a different resolution
than 640x400, e.g. with 800x600? Thanks.
--

Institut fr Theoretische Physik  +49 30 314-24254   FAX -21130  IRC kuroi
Technische Universit?t Berlin            http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/

Post by Wilhelm Fitzpatric » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Is it possible to configure xdm to start up with a different resolution
> than 640x400, e.g. with 800x600? Thanks.

It's not xdm you need to change, but your Xserver.  You'll need to
set up your XF86Config (I assume you are using XFree86?) so that
your Xserver fires up in a higher resolution mode.

-wilhelmf

1. Changing default screen resolution for "xdm"

Hi,

I have been able to install and get xdm running.  My question now is:

How do I change the default screen resolution?

The default appears to be 640x480 and I would like it to default to 1024x768
resolution.

I have tried reordering the choices in the XF86Config file but it does seem to
help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please e-mail suggestions to JSlater(at)Qualcomm(dot)com.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. RH6 & PPPD 2.3.7 weirdness

3. help on xdm and default screen resolution

4. [COMPAT] make struct compat_iovec

5. changing xdm resolution - how?

6. setting new terminfo for ansi

7. Changing default X resolution globally.

8. GoldStar CDROM setup w/Slackware problems

9. How do you change default resolution in X?

10. Changing the default boot up resolution for Sun Enterprise 250 fr om 1152x900

11. how do i change my default resolution setting on sunray appliance

12. Help: How to change CUPS default printer resolution?

13. Changing the Default Resolution