How to install Gnome on SuSE 6.1?

Post by nt_a.. » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am new to the whole Linux OS, so please bear with me...

I was running Redhat 6.0, and enjoyed running gnome, but I have
recently switched to SuSE, and I was wondering if anyone can explain
how I can make Gnome my window manager in SuSE 6.1. I have installed
all the Gnome files in YaST, but whenever I start an xwindow session
with "startx gnome" it still uses Fvwm as my window manager.

I have read something about using rpm to somehow compile or make gnome,
but I am pretty confused as I don't understand how to use rpm. Can
anyone give me a step by step method for getting Gnome running in SuSE
6.1?

Thanks,
Shawn Plunkett

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

How to install Gnome on SuSE 6.1?

Post by David Tiseliu » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

see http://www.gnome.org/suse/gnome.html

/David