How do I map Compose key to a ctrl-key combo?

How do I map Compose key to a ctrl-key combo?

Post by Peter Schafft » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

As the subject header says, I'm wondering how to map the Compose
key to a ctrl-key combination under X.  I have a PC 101 (#2)
keyboard, and the Compose key is currently mapped to Scroll
Lock via

    keycode 0x2D = Multi_key

Scroll Lock is mighty far away from the keyboard, and I'd like
to be able to type in digraphs with, say, the ctrl-k combo.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
PTPi
(Peter Schaffter)

1. Dead Keys / Compose Keys

Hi,

I am trying to get Dead Keys working on Redhat 7.
According to the installation procedure this should be simple, but it is
explained nowhere how to use dead keys (not in the manual or the man
pages!).

From the keymaps I would say that I can press the Printscreen key
together with a compose character (e.g. "~") followed by a letter (e.g.
"n"). But whatever combination I try,... nothing...

If you can help, thanks!

2. tmssa with multiple loops

3. Compose key - dead keys.

4. Compile help

5. Swapping the function keys "Ctrl" and "Compose Character"

6. Did I get a WinModem?

7. Function of Keys ALT-CTRL key combinations

8. Genius Sound Maker 18PnP

9. mapping compose key on QWERTY keyboards ?

10. How to remap a single key to a CTRL'ed key in X ?

11. Need keyboard with <CTRL> key next to <A> key.

12. Mapping a key combo to a mouse button?

13. mapping sparc keys to x86 keys in cde (sun faq 1543-02)