X Windows xfconfig problem

Post by Steve Montgome » Mon, 03 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Help,

I'm using the xf86config program to set up an XF86Config file for X version
3.1.1. When it asks "do you want to run X -probeonly..." now I answer yes
and the screen flickers and it comes back with the error "grep failed,
cannot find clocks in server output." What does this mean. The file that
it outputs obviously doesn't work. I have a XF86Config file that I
made myself that gives me a dead screen when I start X but when I run
X -probeonly > /tmp/x.out 2&>1 I at least get a proper output to the file
x.out, I just don't know exactly how to plug those numbers into the config
file itself. I'd really like the xf86config program to do it for me.
I appreciate any help you can give.

1. X Windows xfconfig problem

Help,

I'm having trouble getting the xf86config program to set up my
3.1.1 X Windows properly.
When it gets to the line "Do you want me to run X -probeonly"
part, I hit yes and my screen flickers and it comes back with
"grep failed, cannot find clocks in server output."
I'm using the W32/Tseng/ET-4000 settings and the symbolic link
from X is pointing to the right place.
I made an XF86Config file myself that will run the
X -probeonly > /tmp/x.out 2>&1 and give me a proper clocks output,
but this config has some problems and won't start X properly.
I'd like to use the xf86config program to set it up right.

2. Do the WindowMaker RPMs work with Red Hat 6.0?

3. PCI S3 864 XFConfig startup Problems

4. maximum number of subdirectories?

5. XFconfig problem - DEC P90 (S3V864)

6. Slackware 2.1 support IDE-type CD-ROM ??

7. Klyx and KDE

8. XFConfig problem..

9. Newbie problem with XFConfig - Slackware

10. xfconfig problem ??

11. Mag Monitor XFConfig info

12. Mach64 XFConfig Challenge