xmkmf X11R6 problems?

Post by John Spick » Sun, 29 Jan 1995 10:46:36

        I've been told that there are problems with X11R6 that may cause
xmkmf to work improperly.  Can anyone verify this?  Is there a fix for it?
Any help would be appreciated.
                                        Thanks!

  John Spickes - Undergraduate - UMCP - http://www.wam.umd.edu/~jspickes

1. X11R6 Contrib xmkmf problem

Hi,

I'm compiling X11R6 for Solaris 2.3 and have run across a problem
with the contrib software compilation.

I compiled the core distribution with very little trouble (used
gcc v2.4.5) and set ProjectRoot as /opt/X11.  The installation seems to
be fine (it runs :-) ).

I ran xmkmf -a in the contrib subdirectory and makedepend failed
on the showfont software as it was not able to find FSlib.h.  FSlib.h is
in: /opt/Xll/include/X11/fonts, but the Makefile created by xmkmf
doesn't have this path (the paths in the Makefile are all relative
to TOP=..).

Where have I gone wrong?  Is there an include file path parameter
that I needed to set for installation?  Does the path above
(/opt/X11/include/X11/fonts) look reasonable?  Is there something
wrong with showfont?

Thanks for any input/advice.  I'm new to Imakefiles and xmkmf, so
your help is much appreciated,

Lynn Kubinec

Computer Science Department     Michigan State University

2. How can I make Linux to live happily w/ Win95?

3. X11R6 xmkmf broken?

4. Trans-Ameritech: unfair business practices

5. Calling xmkmf, calling Dr. xmkmf.

6. Increasing NGROUPS_MAX in Solaris 2.5

7. OW3.1 xmkmf is ok - Re: Solaris 2.1 OW3.x xmkmf -- WRONG!

8. Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

9. document for upgrading form X11R6 to X11R6.

10. Help: How to set environmental variable OPENWIN and xmkmf compilation problems/error

11. gvim / xmkmf / x include problem

12. problem with xmkmf

13. problems with imake/xmkmf