TCL/TK Download

Post by Drag » Fri, 25 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Anyone know of a Tcl/Tk 8.0 download site other than sunsite and
sunlabs?  Whenever I try to download them from there, my ftp always
times out because it incredibly slow.   Any ideas?

Mike

TCL/TK Download

Post by Ted Sikor » Fri, 25 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Anyone know of a Tcl/Tk 8.0 download site other than sunsite and
> sunlabs?  Whenever I try to download them from there, my ftp always
> times out because it incredibly slow.   Any ideas?

> Mike

   Use NcFTP with mget that way you can reconnect and it will start
where you left off if it closes. Sunsite is about the fastest site
around probably best to stick with it or try neosoft at
ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/

Regards,

Ted Sikora

1. TK/tcl gurus: wrong version of Tk loaded (3.6): need 4.x?

Hi:

I'm trying to run tkHTML 2.3, and when it loads, it gives an error:

Tcl_AppInit failed: wrong version of Tk loaded (3.6): need 4.x

According to glint (I've installed RH 3.0.3), I've got tcl version
7.4-5 and tk version 4.0-5.  Why does tkHTML seem to think my tk is
version 3.6 and not 4.0?

I'm not a tk/tcl guru nor do I play one on TV.  So if anyone out there
is, please let me know what I can do.  After it (tkHTML) loads, none
of the menus work, it's basically broken, and I get error messages like:

tkerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid command name "tk_butEnter"
    Error in tkerror: unknown option "-wraplength"
tkerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid command name "tk_butLeave"
    Error in tkerror: unknown option "-wraplength"
etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mark

Committee on Social Thought, University of Chicago

2. Anybody explain this behavior?

3. Linux Tcl/Tk diffs in netcom.com: ~ftp/pub/yggdrasil/misc/tcl-diffs

4. HP 850 C with Linux

5. Plans for Tcl/Tk8.4 version of tksh (ksh93 + Tcl/Tk)?

6. PC<>MAC network

7. Tk/TCL for RS6000/AIX ?

8. How do I change the CWD (curr work dir) from within a program?

9. Papers Due April 8 - 6th USENIX Tcl/Tk Conference

10. GTK vs Qt vs Motif vs tcl/Tk???

11. RPM/Tcl-Tk Question: Right Upgrade Procedure?

12. question about tcl/tk

13. Tcl/Tk. I want to learn it.