XF86Config for CirrusLogic 7543 PCI?

Post by Roger Germundsso » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'm trying to configure Linux and X for
my notebook. According to Windows95 this
laptop use a graphics device:

        CirrusLogic 7543 PCI

This was unfortunately not among the
supported devices in the Slackware 2.3
version that I bought. And after reading
the XF86-HOWTO I could also not find any
more information.

I have some very basic questions:

o Do you know if there exist a device
  by CirrusLogic with that model number?
o If yes in the above, does there exist
  a driver for Linux?

Unfortunately the documentation that came
with the laptop does not cover this topic.

Furthermore the laptop has an 11.3" DualScan
LCD with no specific brand name.

o What are reasonable values for the Monitor
  section in this case. (X -probeonly does not
  seem to cover this ... as far as I understand.)
  [e.g. VerticalRefresh, BandWidth, HorizontalSynch]

Best Regards,
        Roger Germundsson

PS. The laptop i a NoName brand and is sold
by many vendors under the number 5400. It is
actually manufactured by Kopak, but it is never
seen under that name in adds.

XF86Config for CirrusLogic 7543 PCI?

Post by MIHIRA Yoshi » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm trying to configure Linux and X for
>my notebook. According to Windows95 this
>laptop use a graphics device:

>    CirrusLogic 7543 PCI

There are X server supported CL7543:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~eanders/linux/