Only 1 FPS!!

Post by stev » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 04:29:58

Hi,

Athlon 1GHz
256MB RAM
ATI Xpert 2000 Pro (Rage 128)

the problem I have is that in Tuxracer, TuxKart and FlightGear (the only 3D
games i have on my system) I can only get 1 frame per second.
I am running SuSE7.2 and XFree86 4.1.0 with DRI enabled.
If I run glxgears it shows that I can get ~172 FPS.  So why can't I get
this in the games?

Thanks for any help...

Only 1 FPS!!

Post by Dann » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:35:07

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:29:58 +0000

> Hi,

> Athlon 1GHz
> 256MB RAM
> ATI Xpert 2000 Pro (Rage 128)

> the problem I have is that in Tuxracer, TuxKart and FlightGear (the
> only 3D
> games i have on my system) I can only get 1 frame per second.
> I am running SuSE7.2 and XFree86 4.1.0 with DRI enabled.
> If I run glxgears it shows that I can get ~172 FPS.  So why can't I
> get
> this in the games?

> Thanks for any help...

Hmm, 175 fps is WAY low. When you do "glxinfo" does it say that Direct
Rendering is really enabled? Is it set to 2x AGP speed in XF86Config?
I run an Athlon with a Radeon, get ~1100 fps with glxgears, had a Rage
Fury (rage128 chipset) which I'm sure wa not sucha  low performer. I
can't see your being as low as it is.

--
*insantientibus fuere necesse est.
(It is necessary to be insane among maniacs.)

1. SunVideo and *30* fps

The SunVideo board is a frame-grabber with a compressor.

Any time you _decompress_ video, or compress video from a source other
than the SunVideo, the SunVideo board isn't involved at all;  the work
is done by the regular CPU, perhaps with some help from the framebuffer.

Aside:  if anyone has found any _good_ PC frame-grabbers, I'd like to
hear about them;  my last window-shopping trip to Fry's was pretty
disappointing.  My notion of "good" is:  can capture 30 fps at a
reasonable image size (160x120 is not reasonable), and really lets me
get at the bits -- none of this VGA-video-window-hack-but-you-can't-
capture-the-bits nonsense.  Yes, this is personal interest rather than
official Sun corporate anything, and no, comp.unix.solaris probably
isn't the place for a discussion of this.

Thomas Maslen

2. enlightenment problem

3. AGPGART gives extra FPS

4. Mouse & CD

5. Weird FPS issue in Q3Test

6. HELP !!!! top command on SunOs 5.7

7. Linux + FPS 1000 Speakers from Cambridge

8. Init string for modem

9. Anyone have an "unexec" for FPS 500EA (BSD 4.3)?

10. fps capture slow on bttv hauppauge system

11. how to program FAST FPS-60 for MPEG decoding?

12. How many FPS Radeon 9000 on redhat 9 ?

13. quake2 fps linux & win