Is the Viewsonic Optiquest V775 monitor a good one?

Is the Viewsonic Optiquest V775 monitor a good one?

Post by Bryan C. Everl » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm interested in purchasing a 17" monitor for my home machine on which I am
running NT, Linux, and Intel Solaris.  I was wondering if any of you have
this monitor and if so, what you think about it.

Replies by e-mail would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Bryan C. Everly

Is the Viewsonic Optiquest V775 monitor a good one?

Post by Robert D'Attili » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I use this monitor for running Linux (RH4.2) and NT at home.  I've been
very happy with it and haven't had any problems with it.  I run it at
1152x864 for both X windows and NT and it is quite comfortable for
viewing.  My only regret is not being able to run it at 1280x1024 for
extended periods due to flicker but that's due to limitations in my
video card because the monitor can certainly support it at > 72Hz.  In
hindsight I should have better matched the two!

Let me know if you need more specific details

Cheers
Rob

--
Robert D'Attilio        Tel: (613) 592-2122 Ext.5464
Mitel Corp.             Fax: (613) 592-6019

Snail Mail:  350 Legget Dr., Kanata, Ontario, Canada   K2K 1X3

Is the Viewsonic Optiquest V775 monitor a good one?

Post by John Dun » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I too am using RH4.2, NT, Win95 and OS/2 using a Viewsonic PT770.  Unfortunately,
my old video card (Orchid Kelvin VL) has problems mentioned frequently in this
group concerning Cirrus chipsets (unable to go above 8BPP, etc).