gtk+-1.1.12 installation problem

Post by Eh Jye Lue » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I ran ./configure  to install gtk+-1.1.12 and the error reported that it
couldn't find glib-1.1.12 which was needed for the installation. But I
had already installed glib.1.1.12 in /usr/local I think (which is the
default set by a variable $prefix in the connfiguration file)
I'd already uninstalled the old versions and have tried installing gtk
using  >
./configure --with-glib=/downloads/glib-1.1.12 without susccess.

-What must i do to make gtk find the correct version.
-What is ld.so.conf? does it matter?
-Also how do we link  libraries? Is it automated with a script or is it
done manually?

gtk+-1.1.12 installation problem

Post by Patrick Glenno » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Have you run ldconfig after installing glib?  ldconfig updates your system
on the locations of various libraries.  ld.so.conf
tells it which directories to look in.  If you do not have /usr/local/lib (
or wherever you installed glib into ) as an entry in your ld.so.conf
file, you should add that entry, and then ( as root ) run ldconfig.

Hope that helps,

Patrick

--
... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any

1. guile-gtk and gtk+-1.1.13

Has anyone managed to get guile-gtk-0.14 to compile with gtk+-1.1.13?
I also have the gtk+10-1.0.6 and glib10-1.0.6 rpms installed.

First off, with ANY gtk-dependent app I have tried to compile I get a
failure of ./configure when it tries to run a gtk+ test app.  It tells me
that gtk-config is in error or I may have moved the libs since
installation.  I have done nothing to them.  They are rpm-installed and
they have been, and will remain, where they are now and supposed to be
(primarily /usr/lib).  I have examined gtk-config but can see nothing
wrong on the surface, but then, I barely know what I am looking for.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Another problem I get is involving guile.  I have guile-1.3 installed
(rpm).  If I disable the gtk-test app via a configure switch, I get past
that part (with a bunch of errors that leads me to think that guile-gtk
0.14 doesn't like gtk+-1.1.13) but then configure craps out telling me
that it cannot find guile on my system.  I don't know if it is looking for
guile libs or the guile binary.  In any case, they are also where they are
supposed to be, the location is in ld.so.conf and I have even added it to
the PATH in profile.  Nothing has worked.

Can anyone help me out with this?

patrick

2. trouble gunzipping dosemu

3. gtk+-1.1.2 install problem

4. PROBLEMS INSTALLING!!!

5. Installing PATCH GTK+-1.1.15-1.1.16

6. using two class C on same net?

7. Need Help Compiling gtk+-1.1.9

8. really a beginer

9. glib-1.1.15 and gtk+-1.1.15 with RedHat 5.2

10. Problems - ATI Xpert@Play and XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1

11. RH52 & XFree 3.3.3.1-1.1 Problems with funky scrunched display

12. prob w/ bind-4.9.6-1.1 (RedHat 4.2 rpm)

13. Compile SMTP-PROXY -1.1.3 with gcc 2.95.3