update kde background while kde is running

update kde background while kde is running

Post by Sven Heineck » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 22:53:57

Hi,

how can I reload my background.jpg while running kde? The image itself
is updated every 5 min (*). I tried to do this with 'xrefresh' but
that does'nt work. Of course, I can do it manually using the control
center, but I'm looking for a shell command in order to automate this.

thanks for help
Sven

--

Post by Roberto Teixeir » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 16:48:01

> Hi,

> how can I reload my background.jpg while running kde? The image itself
> is updated every 5 min (*). I tried to do this with 'xrefresh' but
> that does'nt work. Of course, I can do it manually using the control
> center, but I'm looking for a shell command in order to automate this.

Try this:

$ dcop kwin KWinInterface "refresh()"

--

Post by Sven Heineck » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:41:48

> Try this:

> $ dcop kwin KWinInterface "refresh()"

Hm, this gives me a:

call failed
Aborted

Or do I have to substitute kwin and KWinInterface according to my local
config?

KDE is release 2.0.1

thanks so far
Sven