Xfree86 3.1.1 Compatible Text Editor Needed for Linux 2.0.29 System

Xfree86 3.1.1 Compatible Text Editor Needed for Linux 2.0.29 System

Post by ML » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Xfree86 3.1.1
Linux 2.0.29 System
Intel Based
32MB

Can anyone suggest a good text editor for me?  I'm building up a Linux
system from scratch, just for the experience and am needing the basic
application we all take for granted.  Of course, a free text editor
suggestion would be most appreciated. :-)

Thanks

Xfree86 3.1.1 Compatible Text Editor Needed for Linux 2.0.29 System

Post by Jon Chey » Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Can anyone suggest a good text editor for me?  I'm building up a Linux
>system from scratch, just for the experience and am needing the basic
>application we all take for granted.  Of course, a free text editor
>suggestion would be most appreciated. :-)

Chances are your distribution already has quite a few editors
included! Or do you mean other than vi or emacs... :)

try http://www.xnet.com/~blatura/linapps.shtml

A quite shplendid list of everything ... :)

Jon Cheyne
London

Xfree86 3.1.1 Compatible Text Editor Needed for Linux 2.0.29 System

Post by Dennis Sop » Mon, 17 Nov 1997 04:00:00

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997 21:03:22 +0000, Ivo Naninck

>> Can anyone suggest a good text editor for me?  I'm building up a Linux
>> system from scratch, just for the experience and am needing the basic
>> application we all take for granted.  Of course, a free text editor
>> suggestion would be most appreciated. :-)

vim and emacs work fine for me.

Dennis

Post by Jimmie Farm » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>Xfree86 3.1.1
>Linux 2.0.29 System
>Intel Based
>32MB

>Can anyone suggest a good text editor for me?  I'm building up a Linux
>system from scratch, just for the experience and am needing the basic
>application we all take for granted.  Of course, a free text editor
>suggestion would be most appreciated. :-)

        Vi in an Xterm.  Works great!

        Sincerely,
        Jimmie Farmer

--
     Jimmie Farmer       | It is by the fortune of God that, in this country,
  Techno Geek/Musician   | we have three benefits: freedom of speech, freedom

http://www.malchick.com/ |                 -- Mark Twain

Post by Brian C. La » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>>Can anyone suggest a good text editor for me?  I'm building up a Linux
>>system from scratch, just for the experience and am needing the basic

>    Vi in an Xterm.  Works great!

>    Sincerely,
>    Jimmie Farmer

  No, no, no! joe in an xterm works better!

  Brian

Nexus Computing                                http://www.eskimo.com/~nexus

Inside is a comfortable 72.62 F and Outside is a chilly 42.99 F