XF86Config Woes, part 2

Post by Brock Cra » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I have tried and tried to edit the XFConfig file to get the right
setup for my system.  I use the wonderful Config-writing script that is
usually mirrored with the rest of the "X-files". My hardware was_even_
listed. But the file the script generated does not work.  It hangs at the
"accel" definitions, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.  ANY
HELP would be appreciated.

MY SYS:

486/33 with Gateway Crystalscan monitor and Trident 9000i chipset card.

I guess I just don't understand what the "accel" section is all about.

Regards.

1. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

I hate to ask the often answered, but I have a TDK VeloCD CD-RW in my PII
233 machine installed as a master on the secondary IDE. I'm running
Mandrake-linux 7.0, and of course I get the bad link problem. I have run the
fix suggested on Mandrake's Web-page, but I can't figure a way to make the
fix either permenant or automatic. The fix (in case you haven't seen it is
to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to check for the presence of a working CD-RW,
then to type "cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom" in a terminal) This
fix works but there's got to be a better way...any thoughts.

2. how to have msdos option in LILO?

3. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

4. sendmail config

5. XF86Config woes...

6. asyh dir missing during link_unix

7. XF86Config woes (me too)

8. Locating MAC address on SCO

9. Crontab Woes Part II

10. Slack2.1.0 woes, part 2 [LONG]

11. SP woes, part 1, sphardware monitoring

12. PUBLIC: Laptop woes part 1 - why does it need mains power?

13. SP woes, part 2, tftpd won't start/stay running