Anyone Have A ViewSonic PS790 ?

Post by Bowden Wis » Sat, 28 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am having trouble setting the modelines for this one.

G. Bowden Wise
Computer Science Dept, Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst, Troy, NY 12180

1. ViewSonic PS790 anyone use it with linux?

Hi

I recently upgraded to Linux-Mandrake 6.0... my previous
version was redhat 5.1, and am glad to see that XFree86 is newer than
what I had before.

Both my card (S3 Trio64V+) and my monitor (ViewSonic PS790) are
supported.  However, after Xconfigurator probes (and successfully
finds everything), when starting X my display looks horrible.
It flickers badly when scrolling windows, and the left hand side of
the display duplicates the left 2 inches of the screen!

What is causing this? I reverted back to one of the generic monitors,
and it is better

is anyone using a ViewSonic PS790 with linux?  I would be interseted
in your configuraiton settings

Bowden

2. Mozilla 1.2.1 binaries now available

3. ViewSonic PS790 modelines

4. Help: Routing-Problem!

5. Mode Timings for ViewSonic PS790

6. Apache 2.0.43 Configure Slow on Solaris 7

7. Viewsonic PS790

8. Matrox G200 & Viewsonic PS790

9. XWoes with a ViewSonic PS790 and a S3 Trio64V+

10. Anyone use a Viewsonic P775???

11. XFree ModeDB for ViewSonic 6FS, anyone?

12. Anyone have H&V Times for a ViewSonic 4 ?