SisSG86C205 Does Not Display Fonts

Post by Cynthia Jenes » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a Pentium 166 with an Integrated SisSG86C205 graphics chip on
which I have installed Redhat 6.1.  When I start X, the graphics display
correctly and the fonts display until they are full visible.  By this I
mean that if a font is partly obscured because part of it is outside the
window clipping area, then the letters can be seen.  However, if I
scroll the window so that the text can be totally displayed, the font is
replaced by a black box.

The SisSG86C205 is a supported by XFree86.  We have tried both 8 and 16
bit planes and resolutions of 640X480, 800X600 and 1024X768.  The
X Server is the SVGA Server  Has anyone seen this type of problem before
or have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Cynthia Jeness

Post by Cynthia Jenes » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a Pentium 166 with an Integrated SisSG86C205 graphics chip on
which I have installed Redhat 6.1.  When I start X, the graphics display
correctly and the fonts display until they are full visible.  By this I
mean that if a font is partly obscured because part of it is outside the
window clipping area, then the letters can be seen.  However, if I
scroll the window so that the text can be totally displayed, the font is
replaced by a black box.

The SisSG86C205 is a supported by XFree86.  We have tried both 8 and 16
bit planes and resolutions of 640X480, 800X600 and 1024X768.  The
X Server is the SVGA Server  Has anyone seen this type of problem before
or have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Cynthia Jeness

SisSG86C205 Does Not Display Fonts

Post by Cynthia Jenes » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I have a Pentium 166 with an Integrated SisSG86C205 graphics chip on
> which I have installed Redhat 6.1.  When I start X, the graphics display
> correctly and the fonts display until they are full visible.  By this I
> mean that if a font is partly obscured because part of it is outside the
> window clipping area, then the letters can be seen.  However, if I
> scroll the window so that the text can be totally displayed, the font is
> replaced by a black box.

> The SisSG86C205 is a supported by XFree86.  We have tried both 8 and 16
> bit planes and resolutions of 640X480, 800X600 and 1024X768.  The
> X Server is the SVGA Server  Has anyone seen this type of problem before
> or have any suggestions.

> Thanks,
> Cynthia Jeness

I found an XServer on the Suse Linux site, XFCom_Sis, which solves my
problem.

Cynthia Jeness

Post by Cynthia Jenes » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I have a Pentium 166 with an Integrated SisSG86C205 graphics chip on
> which I have installed Redhat 6.1.  When I start X, the graphics display
> correctly and the fonts display until they are full visible.  By this I
> mean that if a font is partly obscured because part of it is outside the
> window clipping area, then the letters can be seen.  However, if I
> scroll the window so that the text can be totally displayed, the font is
> replaced by a black box.

> The SisSG86C205 is a supported by XFree86.  We have tried both 8 and 16
> bit planes and resolutions of 640X480, 800X600 and 1024X768.  The
> X Server is the SVGA Server  Has anyone seen this type of problem before
> or have any suggestions.

> Thanks,
> Cynthia Jeness

I found an XServer on the Suse Linux site, XFCom_Sis, which solves my
problem.

Cynthia Jeness

1. Jap fonts on Solaris 2.5 not displaying.

We have an application that has been localized to Japanese, but running this
application on a Solaris 2.5 Japanese system does not display Japanese
characters.  It had worked under Solaris 2.4 Japanese. I know my Xterm has
the correct fonts because kterm displays Japanese characters.

Our application uses the app-defaults file to specify the set of fonts to
used to display Japanese characters. A typical font specification is:

*fontList: a14;k14;rk14:

We have upgraded to Solaris 2.5 Japanese and now the application will not
display fonts properly.

The system on which 2.5 is installed is set up for English locale by default
and to get the Japanese settings the LANG variable has to be set to ja for
any user wanting Japanese.

The problem looks like only the first font of the set is loaded since the
applications attempts to display the Japanese characters as ASCII.

Is there something I can look for? Bad libXm.so or libMrm.so? Something
related to how the fonts are loaded when the applications initializes?

Any help or guidance appreciated.
--
Steve Hild

2. Dawi 2975 U + IBM 36GB =parityerror?

3. Fonts not displaying correctly

4. HELP send XF86Config XConfig files for Cirrus Logic CL-GD5424 chip VGA

5. Display Prob (is it a font prob or not?)

6. ansi X term for linux

7. Netscape Fonts Not displayed properly under Solaris 2.6

8. Mail Server ,Help ?

9. Please Help! Not the usual font display problem

10. Fonts not displayed properly in Navigator on Sun, Linux

11. gnome/gtk not displaying fonts in menus etc.

12. Netscape fonts do not display correct

13. RH 8.0 Openoffice/Abiword fonts not displayed properly