How to change key map for tab key

Post by Holge » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:54:27

Hi,

I have a Slackware Linux 7.1 machine and a WinNT4 machine with KEA! X Server
5.00 on it. When I connect with KEA! X to my linux machine my tab key works
as it is supposed to do in the login window (i.e. the focus is jumping from
one item to the next). As soon as I am logged in the tab key behaves like
the backspace key :-(
The KEA! keymap editor says it is sending 0x00ff09 with the tab key (scan
code 22)
Any idea how to solve this?

TIA

Holger

How to change key map for tab key

Post by Holge » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:48:30

Quote:> Any idea how to solve this?

Yepp, just found the answer to my own question. I had the following line in
the .Xmodmap file:

  keycode 22=BackSpace

After removing it everthing works fine! Don't know why that file got
installed though. Maybe it's necessary for US keyboards.

Thanks anyway

Holger

1. Mapping <Tab> key in vi or vim

I'm trying to find a line I can add to .exrc or .vimrc (for vi on HP-UX
at work and vim on Linux at home) that will map the <Tab> key to insert
three spaces instead of a tab character... this being a requirement of
the coding standards for the project I'm currently working on.  I've
been using vi for years, but have never really found the need to map
characters or tinker too much with .exrc or .vimrc (other than turning
line-numbering on by default)... can anyone give me a hand with the
line that needs to be added for this mapping?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Linux & Memory Management (or lack thereof)

3. Linux keyboard mapping for backspace key and shift-tab

4. X-Windows / SVGA hybrid program

5. Mapping tab key to autocomplete line

6. NonStop Clusters for SCO

7. mapping sparc keys to x86 keys in cde (sun faq 1543-02)

8. Missing BASEDIR

9. How to map keys (COPY, PASTE) into F7 or F8 keys

10. Mapping keys other than the function keys

11. Mapping SUN's F12 key to as400 F12 key

12. Mapping two key sequences to one key?

13. How do I map Compose key to a ctrl-key combo?