NVIDIA 0.9-5 & Tyan Tiger 133 (SMP) = System Lockup

NVIDIA 0.9-5 & Tyan Tiger 133 (SMP) = System Lockup

Post by Andrew Eile » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:52:25

I was wondering if anyone else has run into a similiar experience or knows a
fix to this problem. My system completly freezes after a while when I am in
X. It usually happens when i am downloading file using Helixcode update,
Redhat Network Update, or just downloading a file in Netscape (but sometime
it happen other times).  I found someone else on this newsgroup that had a
similair problem. From looking at our two configurations below, I believe it
is the Driver and/or Motherboard. SMP might play a role in it as well. Any
ideas? Thanks.

-Andrew

My machine....
Tyan Tiger 133
2 PIII 550s
256MB Memory
Hercules 3D Prophet II MX (GeoForce 2 MX)
RH 7.0 2.2.16-22, NV kernel 0.9-5, Xfree 4.0.1-1 + NV GLX

Another persons Marchine on this Newsgroup with the same problem...
Tyan Tiger 133 S1834 MB
2 PIII 850s
256mb memory
Creative Labs 3d Blaster Annihilator 2 32mb video (GeForce 2 GTS)
RH 7.0 2.2.16-22, NV kernel 0.9-5, Xfree 4.0.1-1 + NV GLX