X11R6 xmkmf broken?

Post by roo » Sun, 21 May 1995 04:00:00

I'm running X11R6 and whenever I do a xmkmf and then do a make on the
Makefile is generates, I get this error:

#xmkmf
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak

#make
Makefile:232: *** missing seperator. Stop.

        Anyone else run into this problem or know what's causing it?

        Steve Stuczynski
        Systems & Network Consultant

X11R6 xmkmf broken?

Post by mrxra » Mon, 22 May 1995 04:00:00

Can't say that I'v seen this problem but...
Try checking the Imake.tmpl file and look for a
def line near the beginning that has a missing
seperator.

1. X11R6 Contrib xmkmf problem

Hi,

I'm compiling X11R6 for Solaris 2.3 and have run across a problem
with the contrib software compilation.

I compiled the core distribution with very little trouble (used
gcc v2.4.5) and set ProjectRoot as /opt/X11.  The installation seems to
be fine (it runs :-) ).

I ran xmkmf -a in the contrib subdirectory and makedepend failed
on the showfont software as it was not able to find FSlib.h.  FSlib.h is
in: /opt/Xll/include/X11/fonts, but the Makefile created by xmkmf
doesn't have this path (the paths in the Makefile are all relative
to TOP=..).

Where have I gone wrong?  Is there an include file path parameter
that I needed to set for installation?  Does the path above
(/opt/X11/include/X11/fonts) look reasonable?  Is there something
wrong with showfont?

Thanks for any input/advice.  I'm new to Imakefiles and xmkmf, so
your help is much appreciated,

Lynn Kubinec

Computer Science Department     Michigan State University

2. LILO Boot of /dev/hdb

3. xmkmf X11R6 problems?

4. Neighbour Buffer Overflow messages

5. Calling xmkmf, calling Dr. xmkmf.

6. add support for PC-9800 architecture (PNP)

7. OW3.1 xmkmf is ok - Re: Solaris 2.1 OW3.x xmkmf -- WRONG!

8. "edge" backup (microlite) on aix 3.2

9. xmkmf and imake break Makefile

10. X11R6 and XFree 3.1 break Seyon's backspace?

11. document for upgrading form X11R6 to X11R6.

12. Make broken, top broken, flock errors, kernel modules broken

13. 2.5: ieee1394 still broken, vesafb still broken, ipv6 still broken