Extracting XFree86 files

Post by John Danle » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have downloaded all the required components of XFree86 3.3.3.1, as well
as the XFree86 extraction utility.  But, I can't seem to get the extraction
accomplished.  I have attempted this extraction many times, but keep
getting a lengthy message telling me:  TITLE: no such file or directory,
H1: no such file or directory, h2: no such file or directory, PRE: no such
file or directory, PLEASE:  Command not found. and on and on........   I
chmod the extract utility to 755 and from ROOT gave the command to extract
the files.  I attempted using extract X*.tgz and even attempted it on
individual files.  I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure it out.  Any
ideas?

Thanks.....

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Help, Can't extract XFree86 tgz files

i've never heard of 'extract' before...instead try this:

tar xpfz xbin.tgz

and do that with every .tgz file...or, if you're using bash, you can set up
a loop like this:
for i in *.tgz ; do
tar xpfz $i
done

hope that helps

--
                                               m i k e    b u r r e l l

                                               http://mikpos.dyndns.org

2. Preventing email spamming using a Firewall

3. tar question: how do I extract some files without extracting directories

4. PCMCIA video capture card

5. tar question: how do I extract some files without extracting directories.

6. Sendmail, fetchmail, POP3, Win95 and Linux

7. How to extract data from a self extracting .exe file for Windows?

8. x86 work with token ring adapter?

9. tar extract using file of files

10. Mount, read or extract files from a floppy image file (MSDOS) under Unix system

11. Extracting files from a tar file

12. dd command: extract single files out of a dd-file

13. Extracting a file from a tar file