If you're running Red Hat 6 you can get some unofficial RPM updates at
ftp://ftp.inconnect.com/pub/unix/linux/redhat-6.0/contrib-updates/. Use at
your own risk, but I tried them and things seem to work better. (I don't know
whether they'll even work for other versions/distributions.)
1. Gnome configure error, gnome-libs version not seen correctly
I am trying to install Gnome on a Suse 6.2 install. I am going down the
list and installing the packages per instructions. When I try to
./configure control-center-1.2.1 I get an error that "gnome-libs 1.0.60 or
higher is required". I have installed gnome-libs-1.2.3. Why does the
install program not realise that 1.2.3 is higher than 1.0.60 ? More
importantly, how do I get around this ?
2. identifying pathname of dot script
3. Shutdown not working correctly (Repost)
5. Shutdown not running rc.shutdown
7. how to correctly shutdown linux
8. linux connecting two pcs that cant see each other
9. pthread: How to exit (correctly shutdown a program) from a child thread?
10. Shutdown with additional power shutdown, why does it not work?
11. gcc not defining _start, ld not linking correctly
12. xlock not working correctly "Can not get hostbyname"
13. Gnome doesn't work correctly