Diamond Stealth 3000/3D and Redhat 4.1?

Post by Lloyd Zusm » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

How good (i.e., bug-free, feature-rich) is the support for Diamond
Stealth 3000/3D in Redhat 4.1, especially for high resolutions
[ >= 24-bit ]?

I'm currently using a Matrox Millenium card on my Redhat 4.1 system,
but the Matrox driver which came with this release seems to be buggy
... once a day or so it hangs my system at 24-bit resolution, and
Netscape screws things up under all resolutions except perhaps 8-bit.
I'm wondering if the Diamond Stealth 3000/3D support under Redhat 4.1
is any more robust and reliable, because if it is, I will swap my
Matrox card for my 3000/3D card.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

--
Lloyd Zusman            01234567 <-- The world famous Indent-o-Meter.

1. Diamond Stealth 3000/3D and Redhat 4.1?

How good (i.e., bug-free, feature-rich) is the support for Diamond
Stealth 30000/3D in Redhat 4.1, especially for high resolutions
[ >= 24-bit ]?

I'm currently using a Matrox Millenium card on my Redhat 4.1 system,
but the Matrox driver which came with this release seems to be buggy
... once a day or so it hangs my system at 24-bit resolution, and
Netscape screws things up under all resolutions except perhaps 8-bit.
I'm wondering if the Diamond Stealth 3000/3D support under Redhat 4.1
is any more robust and reliable, because if it is, I will swap my
Matrox card for my 3000/3D card.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

--
Lloyd Zusman            01234567 <-- The world famous Indent-o-Meter.

2. Is kstat always supported in Solaris2?

3. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86

4. LILO configuration

5. X-windows / Diamond Stealth 3D 3400 / RedHat 4.1

6. Linux and floppys

7. help : Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 Series

8. FINGER and incorrect login info

9. Diamond Stealth 3d 3000

10. ViRGE & Diamond Stealth 3D 3000

11. HELP: Diamond Stealth 3D 3000

12. XFree86 + Diamond Stealth 3d 3000

13. Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 with 4MB RAM