Xinerama has made my Mozilla fonts go screwy!

Xinerama has made my Mozilla fonts go screwy!

Post by Glynd » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 05:41:46

For reasons that defeat me right now, switching to use xinerama has made
my Mozilla fonts go really whacky; some sites have 30-point body text,
Google has about 8-point, and some others are apparantly random. It was
all fine before I put xinerama on.

xdpyinfo says:

screen #0:
  dimensions:    2176x864 pixels (322x241 millimeters)
  resolution:    172x91 dots per inch

which I suspect is perhaps the cause of my problem.

I used to have a problem where Opera font's were horizontally stretched
(under X 4.0.3); that seems to have solved itself (under X 4.1.0), but
now Mozilla goes odd. This is kinda annoying, and I don't really know
what to do about it.

I'm using XFree 86 4.1.0 from Branden's repository on Debian testing.
Any suggestions eagerly accepted!

--
                                           -=G=-
Web: http://www.fscked.co.uk                                    ICQ: 66545073

1. screwy font scaling with tt fonts

I have this same exact problem on every computer I have recently put
true type fonts on.

Here's a screen shot
http://tempestgames.com/ryan/fuckedupfonts.png

Half the fonts are huge, and some are way tinier than they should be.
All the fonts that are the correct size are not ttf fonts.  I have
looked everywhere and cannot find anything out about this.  I have
installed ttf fonts from multiple sources, tried different versions of
freetype2, compiled X4.2 against different versions of freetype2,
compiled X4.2 with the version of freetype2 included with it, etc.

tia,
Ryan

2. Symbolic-link??

3. Making Mozilla fonts look like Konqueror

4. How much data can fit on a 4.7 Gb DVD ?

5. HELP! Root password's gone screwy.

6. gated & routed?

7. terminal goes screwy after exiting X

8. __FUNCTION__ issue (ali-ircc)

9. Ran RHN app and system is gone screwy....

10. Screwy fonts in X

11. More Xinerama woes: Making 2 Voodoo3s work?

12. XFree4: Making Multi-head Work WITHOUT Xinerama

13. Xinerama on 4 displays, 5th display not xinerama - possible?