1. ANNOUNCE: XFree86 3.1.1u2 S3 server binary for Linux (S3 968 and 868 s
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
That was great timing for me, as I just picked up a Diamond Stealth 64 Video
VRAM card! Now, I have a couple of XFree-newbie questions, if you'll indulge
me. I've got XFree up and running (sort of), but I get a terrible amount of
noise on the screen... doesn't seem to matter what resolution, but I get lots
of lines running through the screen (even when I'm not doing anything).
I created a basic XF86Config using (what else) 'xf86config'. I did not choose
a card from the list, but I'm using the S3 server. I'm setting
Option "Diamond" as specified in the readme, and the server seems to detect the
RAMDAC ok (ti3026) and sets the max clock to 135. Is there an option that I
need to set?
Also, once I get the noise cleared up, how do I get the server to run in 16bpp
mode? I tried removing the 8bpp section from the device description, but that
just caused startup to fail with a "no 8bit config" error.
Any clues will be appreciated... I can post the XF86Config file once it's
working for others to use, and I can post what I have now if that'll be any
Sean M. Carey
HESD Software and Electronic Product Development
3M Company, St. Paul, MN
2. lilo with bit hard drives.
3. ANNOUNCE: XFree86 3.1.1u2 S3 server binary for Linux (S3 968 and 868 support)
4. Upgrade to 5.0 - what about old binaries?
5. 3.1.2e (a.out) for S3-968 -- still some dashed lines ;-(
6. Digital DEPCA NIC
7. Diamond Stealth 64 PCI S3-968 VRAM and XFree86
8. I wiped his data, now what?
9. Diamond Stealth 64 PCI S3-968 VRAM and Xfree86
10. Diamond Stealth S3 Vision 968 aka Diamond GT
11. Cannot make Linux 1.2.13 with Slackware 3.1
12. Diamond Stealth 64 Video 3000 series S3 968 card, RedHat 3.0.3 Linux
13. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM (S3 968) and Linux ??