How to start Chooser?

Post by David Bro » Sat, 29 Jul 1995 04:00:00

What needs to be configured to start Chooser when XDM starts on my machine?

I only want it to list say three hosts, one being this machine itself,
the other two being on campus.

Thanks

   /  RSL Phone: +44 116 2522822 during the day    /
  /  Secret number: 0850 152076 anytime it's on   /
 / PGP Public key available for secret messages! /

1. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

   Hi to all,

   I would like to ask your help in tuning chooser to offer a menu on
Unix-host. It has been easily tuned for Xterminals that are loaded via
tftpboot from machine with FreeBSD 2.2 and XFree 3.3.1 installed. But
attempt to run chooser on Unix-host (with either FreeBSD 2.2 & XFree 3.3.1
or Linux 2.0.29 & XFree 3.3.2 installed) by running xdm with the following
line in file .../xdm/Xservers
      :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -indirect hostname_of_server
failed. To say more carefully, chooser started, allowed to choose, X from
chosen host started and worked for some minutes, then crashed, and
chooser run again. After some successive attempts xdm crashed itself, and
its process died.
   I guess the reason is in the incorrect configuration. The most strange
for me is that X does not refuse to start in principle, but crashes after
some minutes of work...
   I would be grateful for the answer via e-mail.

   Thanks,
      Alexey.

2. $10 for XFree86 setup

3. Start chooser with local xdm.

4. motherboard recommendataions?

5. Starting X chooser

6. Problem starting X Window

7. starting KDM with chooser instead of login

8. Booting problems

9. How to start the chooser in X-windows

10. XWindows starts and starts and starts!!!

11. Chooser and Linux / Dosemu and telnet

12. SPARX,xdm,chooser and HP

13. xdm chooser mode problems