x_cdplayer for linux

Post by mumfo » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,
>  I am looking for a free x_cdplayer for linux.
>  Is there anybody who can give me any information?
>  tia.
>--

Xmcd or workman both work well.  I prefer xmcd.
A linux binary is available on any sunsite mirror,
you can grab the source and the CD database (huge)
from ftp.x.org:/contrib/applications/xmcd

--

PGPprint = E3 0F DE CC 94 72 D1 1A  2D 2E A9 08 6B A0 CD 82
Why did the mathematician name his dog Cauchy?

x_cdplayer for linux

Post by Jeff Davi » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,
>   I am looking for a free x_cdplayer for linux.
>   Is there anybody who can give me any information?
>   tia.
> --

http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/xmcd/welcome.html

Good Luck!

--

http://www.iquest.net/~n9avg

1. Solaris 2.5 and x_cdplayer

Hi out there!

        I have recently upgraded my Sun SparcClassic from SunOS 4.1.3
(Solaris 1.2) to Solaris 2.5. Everything is OK, but the new OS doesn't
have a CD player as the old one did (/usr/demo/CDROM/x_cdplayer). I
installed that same program in Solaris 2.5 but it says it cannot open
the device /dev/sr0 (cause: permission denied). One thing I notice is
that SOlaris 2.5 mounts automatically every CD I insert, so I am
thinking about a collision of the player against the automounter. In
short: is there a workaround to use x_cdplayer again? Can I use both the
automounter AND x_cdplayer?

        Thanks in advance for your help!

        Juan Pablo Baserga

2. HELP: Getting rrestore to work!

3. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking

4. Video cameras under Linux

5. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

6. Media Vision Pro 3D SCSI

7. Linux in Linux in Linux in

8. Linux on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 425 CDS ap top

9. proposal: feed smaller mailing lists into linux-kernel, add linux-kernel-core and linux-kernel-bugs

10. DHCP Linux to Linux problem, Windows to Linux works using same PC!

11. linux ppc vs linux alpha vs linux x86?

12. dns issue -- windows=>linux vs linux=>linux

13. Embedded linux , RT Linux , Linux