1. restricted shell/restricting login
A while ago I posted a question about how to restrict logins to our
ultrix systems. Someone sent me a C or shell script which I'm
embarassed to say I've misplaced. I think is was called "syslogin".
Please re-send it to me, whoever you are (were).
Here's the problem I wish to solve:
What I want to do is split the modem pool into 2 numbers - one for
students and one for faculty/staff.
I want to the login procedure to check which terminal server a connection
is coming from. The procedure should then check the account and see if that
account is entitled to connect from that terminal server...if so,
then continue normally, if not then print a message like "Please dial
the number xxx-xxxx".
We have DEC terminal servers (I don't wish to use lat groups) and
I'm certain I'm not re-inventing the wheel here. Any comments, suggestions
and pointers are most welcome.
Thanks in advance...
Trent University Computing & Telecommunications tel: (705)748-1540
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 7B8 fax: (705)748-1246
2. Apache: mod_headers, Cache-control:
3. how to restrict maximum login attempts for a restricted website in apache server
5. Restricting dialup user logins / login times?
6. Linux as Token Ring & Ethernet router ??
7. Logging incoming, outgoing packet on firewall, good choice or bad choice ?
8. Who know the function about gatty on Solaris?
9. -=[Question: PC UNIX OS choices: What are the best choices and why?]=-
10. The "safe" choice (w2K) the wrong choice...
12. auth default user + login by choice
13. Login choice