I need help with X configuration

Post by Bradley Glon » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

Can someone help me?

I am runnnig Xfree86(latest stable version) and can not get the display to
come up 100% clear
I believe the config file is correct.
I have trident 8900 chip w 1024k memory
I have a *vga .31 dot pitch monitor
The xprobeonly seem to work well and came up with the mode lines and
resolution
The problem is that my display is just not clear the fonts seem to be broken
up and almost out of focus
 can someone offer me some suggestions

Thanks,
Bradley

I need help with X configuration

Post by paul l » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

:Can someone help me?
:
:I am runnnig Xfree86(latest stable version) and can not get the display to
:come up 100% clear
:I believe the config file is correct.
:I have trident 8900 chip w 1024k memory
:I have a *vga .31 dot pitch monitor
:The xprobeonly seem to work well and came up with the mode lines and
:resolution
:The problem is that my display is just not clear the fonts seem to be broken
:up and almost out of focus
: can someone offer me some suggestions
:

Looks like your "problem" is like mine and that was the reason I asked
about change of fonts; for me, things are unclear at 1024x768 on a 17"
monitor under linux.  Try changing the fonts and see what is best
visible/legible then set your .Xdefaults to that font.

1. PPP configuration help needed

        I've been trying to configure ppp using the netconfig program,
but I'm not having much luck.  I've setup a ppp host 'dcppp' and given
the interface and the remote end an ip address in the same class C.

        I'm thinking the netconfig program should create an account for
dcppp to allow logins, but it doesn't seem to.

        Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

      Chesterfield MO 63005           |    ^-- mail me here 1st

2. ipfwadm forwarding versus paired input/output rules

3. FreeBSD network configuration help needed!

4. how 2 use timer_create/timer_settimer POSIX functions?

5. Need help with rsh configuration

6. LILO stops at "LIL-", HELP

7. Need help with XFree86 configuration

8. ISO A0 printing with StarOffice 5.0

9. Two NIC Configuration Help Needed

10. need help w/ Netscape server authentication configuration

11. Chips & Tech 64200 and XFree configuration help needed

12. FTP server configuration - Need Help!

13. Need Help [not newbie though] with Sound Module Configuration