ATI 3D RAGE II ALL IN WONDER

Post by will » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
        I have been banging my head against the wall for the last 2 months with
my new ALL IN WONDER card and linux.....XF86Mach64 doesn't
seem to work correctly with my card....
        Using XF86Setup--------------nothing
        Using xf86Config-------------nothing

        Modifying the XF86Config manually I find no Clock setting
which is correct for this card, I also find the line
#VideoRam 4096
this is commented out and when I uncomment it, the server will start up
but the display is so garbled I can't see it.  I'm using an older
monitor but I've had it running X-windows often before, I'd like to find
out how to change what I see without having to deal with Xvidtune, as I
can't see it once I'm in X-windows.  Also if Anyone has gotten this
exact card to work, can you send me a copy of your XF86Config File as I
might just be missing something.
Regards and thanks,
-will

ATI 3D RAGE II ALL IN WONDER

Post by vderg.. » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Disable APM support in the kernel

             Volodya Dergachev

Quote:>Hello,
>    I have been banging my head against the wall for the last 2 months with
>my new ALL IN WONDER card and linux.....XF86Mach64 doesn't
>seem to work correctly with my card....
>    Using XF86Setup--------------nothing
>    Using xf86Config-------------nothing

>    Modifying the XF86Config manually I find no Clock setting
>which is correct for this card, I also find the line
>#VideoRam 4096
>this is commented out and when I uncomment it, the server will start up
>but the display is so garbled I can't see it.  I'm using an older
>monitor but I've had it running X-windows often before, I'd like to find
>out how to change what I see without having to deal with Xvidtune, as I
>can't see it once I'm in X-windows.  Also if Anyone has gotten this
>exact card to work, can you send me a copy of your XF86Config File as I
>might just be missing something.
>Regards and thanks,
>-will

1. ATI Rage II and ATI All-in-Wonder cards, anyone ?

    I bought an ATI All-in-Wonder card, with 4M of RAM. It works beautifully
under Win9x, but I am now trying to setup Linux. I tried RedHat 4.2 from the
latest InfoMagic package. No Go. It seems to be able to work, but my monitor
goes crazy. Also, I just bought the S.u.S.E package and wanna know if there
is anything that I should check when I will install the X Window package.

    I must say that I'm very new to Linux, although I work with Unix on an
HP for a couple of weeks now and have *some* background in Unix.

    Thanks :-)

J-F Messier

2. Restore backup

3. HELP: XFree86 3.3.1 & ATI 3D Pro Turbo (3D Rage II+DVD)

4. Boot log location?

5. Need XF86Config for ATI 3D Rage II or II+ please

6. FreeBSD on laptops?

7. ATI 3D Xpression (3D Rage II)

8. Linking Motif/X11 on AIX 4.3.3 with VAC 5.0

9. ATI All-in-Wonder (Rage II+)

10. XFree 3.3.1 fixes ATI 3D Rage II Mach_64 on Redhat 4.2

11. ATI 3D Pro Turbo / Rage II + Xfree86 ???

12. ATI 3D Xpression RAGE II setup on REDHAT 4.2

13. ATI 3D Expression + (Rage II) server for X-Windows