X11 R6. Speed?

Post by Artlite - Gavin Donaldson-Sel » Sun, 14 May 1995 04:00:00

I've seen a number of posts from people complaining of X11R6 being slow
in starting, and I was wondering what average / good figures might be.

My DX2 - 66, 8meg Ram, Cirrus 5428 used to start X11R5 (Linux 1.09)in
approx 7 seconds first time round, and from thereon it averaged 2.5 seconds on
subsequent executions. X11R6 (Linux 1.2) averages 8 seconds first time
around and about 3 seconds on any further executions. Netscape takes aprox.
10 seconds.

It might be useful to be able to compare figures from similar machines.

Gavin