Does anyone have the following hardware running XFree86 3.1 or XFree3.1.1:
MAG PA17S (of DX17F) monitor
SPEA Mirage P-64 videocard
If so, I would be very interested in your XFConfig, because I can seem to
get my setup in good working order.
Here is what I have done so far: I have installed XFree86 3.1 through
Slackware Pro 2.1 (setup). Then I went to work on my XFConfig. I
encountered three problems:
1. There was no preconfigured MAG PA17S (or MAG DX17F), so I had to
improvise a bit on the Modelines in my XFConfig. I managed to
recognized as such by my monitor.
Q: does anyone have any more Modelines (that leave my screen in
2. There seems to be a problem when I enter 'startx', because the
startup video mode is not the one I specified. After hitting
[Ctrl][Alt][+] a couple of times the video mode the right one.
Apperently this has something to do with the ICS2595 Clockchip
and this bug is documented in the S3-docs.
Q: Has this problem been fixed in XFree86 3.1.1?
3. When I typed 'startx -bpp 16' my monitor suddenly displayed a very
unhealthy looking screen that clearly indicated a refresh rate
that was to high.
Q: How is this possible and how do I solve it?
So if anyone has the answers to these questions or is running XFree86
3.1/3.1.1 on my configuration, please follow-up or send me a mail.
Thanks in advance, Bas Kleijn
- MAG PA17S screen and SPEA Mirage P-64 card.
- Pentium 90MHz on Intel-PLATO PCI motherboard with 8Mb RAM with
EIDE controller, ATAPI CDROM, IDE HD and various other irrelevant facts...
- Linux kernel 1.2.5 and XFree86 3.1