My standard serial microsoft mouse refuses to work

My standard serial microsoft mouse refuses to work

Post by chrisd » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

What is the problem?

my XF86Config file looks like so:

Section "Pointer"

Protocol "Microsoft"
Device "/dev/mouse"  (cua0 doesn't fix it)

Baud 1200       #er, whatever
ScanRate 150  #ditto
ChordCentre     #??

It worked once for a brief minute or so, then I resized my virtual desktop
and was back to square one, is it possible that video card problems are
causing this?

Post by Geoff Sho » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

:
: my XF86Config file looks like so:
:
: Section "Pointer"
:
: Protocol "Microsoft"
: Device "/dev/mouse"  (cua0 doesn't fix it)
:
: Baud 1200       #er, whatever
: ScanRate 150  #ditto
: ChordCentre     #??
:

Try without the last three options, let X chose the defaults, which will
probably work.

        Geoff
Ever sit and watch ants? They're always busy with                Geoff Short

can't identify with that kind of work ethic. http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~geoff

My standard serial microsoft mouse refuses to work

Post by Dave Emo » Sun, 18 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>my XF86Config file looks like so:

>Section "Pointer"

>Protocol "Microsoft"
>Device "/dev/mouse"  (cua0 doesn't fix it)

>Baud 1200       #er, whatever
>ScanRate 150  #ditto
>ChordCentre     #??

>It worked once for a brief minute or so, then I resized my virtual desktop
>and was back to square one, is it possible that video card problems are
>causing this?

I had exactly the same problem with a relatively new Microsoft mouse.
Mine was made in Mexico, and has a sort-of ergonomic curvature.  My ancient
Dove-bar Microsoft mouse works.  There's something wrong with the electronics
design in the newer model.

I ended up getting a 3-button Logitech Mouseman, and it's working very well.

Regards,
        Dave

1. H E L P P L E A S E (MICROSOFT SERIAL MOUSE NOT WORKING)

Hi everybody, I'm very new to Linux and I cant get my mouse to work under
linux.

I have install Redhat 7.0 in an old  Pentium 233 MMX,
The mouse is a microsoft 3 button serial ,I dont have a modem attach to the
computer.
When Linux boot it recognise a serial two buttom mouse but when it is finish
to load that mouse is just not working

Could one of you people help me !!!

Thanks in advance, could you reply to me email please?

Bye

2. syslogd bug in Slackware 3.1

3. Question: How to replace standard mouse with serial mouse via RS232

4. natd eats more RAM than X!

5. Xconfig: Microsoft Serial Mouse doesn't work

6. (no subject)

7. button2 on microsoft serial mouse does not work with slackware 2.0

8. Send Command to a particular /dev/ttyp

9. 2 standard serial cards != 4 working serial-devices

10. Expert Mouse -- only works as 2 button microsoft mouse

11. Serial mouse only works during installation in graphics mode, problem with 'serial device driver'

12. Can Microsoft serial mouse use ps/2 port?

13. XF86Setup & Microsoft serial mouse