(no subject)

Post by Charles Kendrick » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello All,

  I have a couple of questions regarding starting X using xdm.  First of
all after adding a line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local to start xdm on boot-up,
xdm starts fine but when I log in the X session is immediately terminated
and I am returned to the xdm login prompt.  The last line in my
.xsessions file calls the mwm window manager and is the only command in
the file that is not run in the background.  When I start X with the
startx command the system works fine.
  The other question I have is regarding the automatic placement of
iconified windows.  What is the syntax for the xsessions or xinit files
to specify where on the screen the applications that I start as icons are
to be placed.
  Please email responses.  Thanks in advance.
--
Charles Kendricks
IS Systems Administrator

[...]

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. Trouble with BT848 Driver

3. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

4. Mounting large dos file systems with different drivers.

5. NOS shootout

6. Can't see pty's > 16?

7. Seeds for random nos.

8. HELP, change Font Size?

9. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

10. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes

11. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?

12. Unix <-> NOS