wanted: MS-ACCESS clone for X wanted

Post by Mikko A. Woodrof » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for something that looks like MS-ACCESS, and
runs on X windows.

Please email me any leads you may have
Thanks
mw

wanted: MS-ACCESS clone for X wanted

Post by Christopher Brow » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm looking for something that looks like MS-ACCESS, and
>runs on X windows.

The *nearest* thing available today is Applix Data; see
<http://www.veryComputer.com/>.  It comes as part of the ApplixWare office
suite for on the order of $100.

If you are after "free" software, there are quite a number of packages
doing different bits of what MS-Access does; see the URL in my
.signature below for a list of such tools.

Access may not be terribly robust, but its functionality sweeps across a
fair bit of stuff, so you may wish to be a bit more specific as to what
precisely you mean by 'looks like MS-Access.'

--
Where do you *not* want to go today? "Confutatis maledictis, flammis
acribus *is"  (<http://www.veryComputer.com/~cbbrowne/msfunny.html>

1. Developing "Quicken" clone -- advice wanted

  > If someone is already engaged in a full-fledged cloning of the
  > Intuit Quicken product, I'd like to become involved as a code-reader
  > and tester.

Curtis Olson wrote cbb (check book balancer). I forgot his email
address, but I think you can find cbb at:
        sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/apps/financial/

You might want to check that out first.

I was thinking about writing my own version of quicken, but now I run
Quicken5.0 for Mac, using Executor (http://www.ardi.com).

Dave

2. mounting drive

3. Wanted: Scheduler software wanted

4. LILO on hardisk

5. any way to access .mdb(ms-access) files from unix..?

6. remote x sessions

7. MS-Access database access from Solaris

8. force lpr job name?

9. faster backups, or "everybody wants to go to heaven, nobody wants to die"

10. HELP WANTED: Open Source Consultant Programmer wanted for quick project

11. PC-NFS Clones Wanted

12. Wanted: Scheduler software wanted

13. Wanted: Sendmail version 8+ wanted for SCO 3.2v4.2