Screen Blanker lost its colors?

Post by david roma » Wed, 10 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi. I was wondering what I might have changed in my .fvwmrc file to disable
the colors in my screenblaners? They were color last time I used them,and
now they are all white. X is in color, and any games/programs/etc. that I
run are in color too??

Daevid.

Post by morone » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

>Hi. I was wondering what I might have changed in my .fvwmrc file to disable
>the colors in my screenblaners? They were color last time I used them,and
>now they are all white. X is in color, and any games/programs/etc. that I
>run are in color too??

My guess is that you've run out of colors in your color map.
Try closing down some of the larger programs that might be
running at the same time (Netscape is a big culprit) and see
if the colors return.  If not ... ????

____________
Ken Moroney

1. Screen Saver vs Screen Blanker

I'm new at Linux, and I've noticed the screen saver
(in console and in X) only blank the screen and don't
shutdown the monitor (low power standby) like Win95.
Linux is a testament to how the volunteer collective
can outperform Bill the Giant.  So when will the screen
blanking feature become an energy saving screen saver?

Does anyone know how to do it?  I know it has something
to do with setting the frequencies.

George Toft

WARNING (learn from my co-worker):
 Win95+MSIE4.0+PirateWare = NetCop+Trashed Computer

 Using Win95 on your computer is like using a spoon
 to eat.  Running Linix is like having the full place
 setting.  So how are you going to eat your steak?
 I'm using the knife and fork!!!

2. A20 Gate not responding!

3. Screen Blanker for SUN Workstations

4. Odd occurance ...