Making the mouse move smoother in X

Post by Albert Wiersc » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Is there a way to make mouse movement smoother in X like it is in Windows? I
have the accelerating set so that the mouse will make big jumps when I start
moving the mouse a bit... but the jumps it makes are too big! Windows
doesn't do this. I think the "jumps" Windows makes are proportional to the
speed at which the mouse is moving, whereas X seems to make the same large
jumps if the mouse is moving faster than some threshold. And I don't want to
slow the acceleration down because I like the fast mouse. Anything I can do?

Thanks.

1. Mouse makes noise when moved after X4.0.2 upgrade

Hi folks.

I'm out of ideas on this one: I upgraded my RH 6.2 install from the
XFree 3.3.6-whatever it shipped with to Xfree 4.0.2, as a prelude to
doing 4.0.3, as required for the NVIDIA drivers, as required for Quake3.
Ack.

I downloaded the .tgz modules and ran the terminal-based install
sequence.  It seemed to go fine, and I can startx and everything looks
groovy.

However, when I move the mouse (whether in X mode or at a tty terminal),
I hear faint clicks through the speakers.  This didn't happen before.

I pored through Deja/Google and found lots of similar reports from over
the years, but only "me too"s or "get a new sound/video card"s for

It seems clear there's some kind of mouse/sound card conflict, but this
didn't happen before the 4.0.2 install, and I haven't got the vaguest
idea what to do.  It's a plain microsoft ps/2 mouse (set to "PS/2",
/dev/mouse in XF86Config), and a PnP soundblaster card that Red Hat
detected fine (soundconfig sets it up fine).

Any tips or ideas appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve Linberg

2. X11 and Spurrious Text Input KDE1.1.x

3. Smoother mouse pointer movement

4. Solaris8/ GCC 2.95.3

5. ATI GUPro bus mouse move up, cursor moves down (in X)

6. syslog logs to 2 files

7. mouse down doesn't register until mouse moved

8. Soundblaster pro problems

9. Moving from PS/2 mouse to serial mouse

10. Moving hd makes system not bootable

11. SuSE makes its bid to move business off Windows

12. Making room, which dirs/files may "not" be moved from /usr ?

13. making ascii art move