AUTOSTART ?

Post by Adam Bown » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

To get my mouse wheel working I need to type the following command into
a terminal: -

imwheel -k

I have to type this command into a terminal every time I boot up or
change user. I was wondering if there is a way to automate this task ?

AUTOSTART ?

Post by M. Syamla » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Yea, just add a line to xinitrc and make sure its executable also....check
www.mandrakeuser.com and go to the X section they have a tutorial there

Quote:> To get my mouse wheel working I need to type the following command into

Post by Prasanth A. Kum » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> To get my mouse wheel working I need to type the following command into
> a terminal: -

> imwheel -k

> I have to type this command into a terminal every time I boot up or
> change user. I was wondering if there is a way to automate this task ?

Add it to your .xinitrc shell script (or create one.) This is
documented in the startx man page.

--
Prasanth Kumar

1. Update on AutoStart bug on R5 discs

We have concluded that the AutoStart worm cannot spread from R5 CDs
users.  No one has reported being infected by the discs, and several
people have reported that having the disc in the machine does not
cause
their machine to become infected.

When we burned the master CD, we used the Linux program mkhybrid, and
did
not activate the auto-start option.  We believe this prevents the
worm
from spreading to new machines from the disc.

We will have a new pressing of the disc available in about two weeks
for
users who would like to receive a new, clean copy of the disc.

Jason Haas,
LinuxPPC Inc.

2. Netscape 4.05 Crash!

3. KFM error message - Autostart directory does not exist

4. Install CD Midding in New Shrinkwrapped Set

5. imwheel autostart

6. stuff

7. Autostart of Java Application

8. howto autologout?

9. sshd does not seem to autostart in RH7 runlevel 3

10. dont autostart CDE?

11. Autostart

12. Autostarting Open Windows on Console?

13. upgraded to kde 2.2, tuxtime no longer autostarts