sawfish eats mouse down events...

Post by Hamish Marso » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:48:41

I'm using Gnome 1.2.0 on Linux 2.4.9 with sawfish as the window manager,
and having  a hard time convincing sawfish that I really really don't
want the window you click in to come to the top... More, it appears to
eat the first mouse down event after the window gains focus...

I've set focus to follow the mouse, and disabled raising of windows when
they become active (Which appears to work), but sawfish just won't stop
raising the window when you click in the window (i.e. to drop down a
menu), or attempt to select text.

Anyone got any ideas? This works fine with twm (Ugly) and enlightenment
(Nice, but misses focus too often to be really useful).

TIA

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...
        I enjoy every minute of it...

Post by stepha » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:04:08

> want the window you click in to come to the top... More, it appears to
> eat the first mouse down event after the window gains focus...

i believe WM developers could argue whether this is a bug or not until
they're blue in the face. The fact is, though, that most WMs (to my
knowledge) do not let you configure this particular option.

----- stephan