XFree86 on Toshiba Portege 7200CT Notebook?

XFree86 on Toshiba Portege 7200CT Notebook?

Post by ma.. » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone got X working on a Toshiba Portege 7200CT notebook?

The last I heard is that it only works in framebuffer mode, and you need
to use XFree 4.0.

Any information is welcome.  I'll post here if and when I get it working.

Thanks,
  Richard

1. portege 7200ct, speedstep and linux

I want to buy the portege 7200ct, and put linux on it.

But I am having troubles finding the machine in stock. Does anybody
know whether this machine is actually shipping? Or when it is due to
ship? Or what vendor actually has them in stock?

Additionally, I want to know whether linux is capable of using the
speedstep chip in both the 500 and 600 Mhz mode. I havent seen any
postings about linux on this new chip.

Thanks

Phil

Phil Rasch, Climate Modeling Section, National Center for Atmospheric Research
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307

Phone: 303-497-1368, FAX: 303-497-1324

2. Help: XConfig for #9GXE VESA

3. portege 310CT (Re: Toshiba Portege 3010CT and hibernate)

4. how do you inspect a var?

5. Linux/XFree86 on Toshiba Portege 300CT???

6. sharing dirs with /dev/loop0, can it be done?

7. XFree86 config & Toshiba Portege 650 CT

8. Solaris 2.4 and IPX/SPX

9. Help Xfree86 on a Toshiba Portege 320CT

10. Need XFree86 Xconfig for Toshiba T4700CT notebook

11. XFree86 on a Toshiba notebook PC undocked and then docked to a Revolution graphics card?

12. Xfree86 for a Toshiba Satellite Notebook T2115CDS

13. Xfree86 and Metro-X on a Toshiba Tecra 700 series notebook