XDMCP broadcast not working

Post by Col » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have just installed Linux Mandrake 5.3.  Now when I do an XDMCP
broadcast there is no response. When I used Mandrake 5.1 everthing
worked with no mods on the linux box. How do I turn this on again?

Col

1. What do I need to do to configure XDMCP-Broadcast to work correctly?

Hello,

When I use Exceed 6.2.0.0 XDMCP-broadcast, I cannot see a specific
Solaris
2.5.1 system in the XDMCP Display Manager Chooser.
The IP address of the system is in the xdmcp.txt file and Exceed is set
to use the xdmcp.txt file.
There are other systems in the XDMCP-broadcast selection list and a
login to those systems works fine.
I'm able to login that specific Solaris system using XDMCP-query.

So my guess would be that there should be something installed or
configured on the Solaris system to let it appear in the XDMCP-broadcast

selection list.

What do I need to do to configure XDMCP-Broadcast to work correctly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Ben.

2. Future Domain SCSI : BIOS ???

3. Problems Installing Downloaded Software

4. dtlogin on AIX 4.3.1 not responding to XDMCP broadcasts

5. Red Hat in Notebook

6. remote login through xdmcp not working

7. linux stability problems

8. XDMCP - not working

9. Solaris 9, XDMCP, and dtlogin - not working, help!

10. Why X server/client with xdmcp over PPTP not work?

11. kdm and xdmcp broadcast in woody

12. No response after first XDMCP broadcast ?