Tooltip trouble in bubbling GNOME panel applet

Tooltip trouble in bubbling GNOME panel applet

Post by Walle » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I've written a GNOME panel applet to which I've tried adding a tooltip.
The problem is that every time I update the tooltip it disappears.  Just
adding a static tooltip using the applet_widget_set_tooltip() function
is no problem.

What happens is, that if the tooltip is currently visible when I update
it (through applet_widget_set_tooltip()), it disappears from the screen,
and it won't come back until I move the mouse pointer out of the applet
and then back in again.  I guess I have to call some other function
after applet_widget_set_tooltip() to make the tip visible after the
update, but I don't know which function that would be.

If you are interested in looking at the source code, you can download my
Bubbling Load Monitoring Applet from
"http://www.nada.kth.se/~d92-jwa/code" (it's rather cool even without
the tooltip :-).

  Help!!  //Johan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. gnome panel loses applets

Every now an then, my gnome panel will discard an applet, and from then
on it is nearly impossible to get it back.  I can add it for the sesion,
but no mater what it's gone next time I log on.

Any cluse?  I have RH6 and the gnome from there...

thanks

--
Rob

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bayliss

2. HP 6L laser on AIX print server

3. gnome panel/applet crashes render desktop unusable!

4. Linux Emulation

5. gnome panel applet menus and drag and drop

6. Instaling NT on a Linux machine

7. Gnome Panel Applets

8. conection to nt (tcp)

9. gnome and panel applets

10. GNOME Panel: workspace applet gone; how to get back?

11. RH8 Gnome panel modem applet

12. Gnome panel applet question on callbacks

13. Problem writing Gnome panel applet