Can't find libXm.so.2

Post by Hector M. Rodrigu » Sun, 12 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I'm hoping some one out there can help me locate this file.  It's required for
plotmtv to work, but I can't seem to find it.  I did a find of my linux
partition and nothing was found and whereis also turns up negative.  I did a
full installation of Slackware with Kernel 2.0.29

Thanks in advance

Hector

Can't find libXm.so.2

Post by Jesper de Jon » Sun, 12 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> I'm hoping some one out there can help me locate this file.  It's required for
> plotmtv to work, but I can't seem to find it.  I did a find of my linux
> partition and nothing was found and whereis also turns up negative.  I did a
> full installation of Slackware with Kernel 2.0.29

libXm.so.2 is a shared library containing Motif. Motif is commercial
software.
Your program is a program written for use with Motif, so if you want
your program to work, you'll need to buy Motif. It costs a few hundred
US$.

Quote:> Thanks in advance
> Hector

--------------------
   Jesper de Jong

--------------------

Can't find libXm.so.2

Post by Konstantinos Agour » Sun, 12 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm hoping some one out there can help me locate this file.  It's required for
>plotmtv to work, but I can't seem to find it.  I did a find of my linux
>partition and nothing was found and whereis also turns up negative.  I did a
>full installation of Slackware with Kernel 2.0.29

libXm is the motif-library. This is a commercial product you have to buy (I
don't think it is included in a normal slackware-distribution). So you either
have to use lesstiff ( a free implementation but that might not work), get a
statically linked version of plotmtv or but your own copy of motif.

Hope that helps,

Konstantin
--

Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
"Captain, this ship will not sustain the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres

Can't find libXm.so.2

Post by Ken L » Mon, 13 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Your program is a program written for use with Motif, so if you want
>your program to work, you'll need to buy Motif. It costs a few hundred
>US$.

Most versions available cost under $100.  See
http://www.rahul.net/kenton/GettingMotif.html

-------
Ken Lee, X Window System Consulting, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

Can't find libXm.so.2

Post by XXXXX » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Thanks for the help, I tried Lesstiff and created a symbolic link to its
libXm.so.8 and the program seems to be working fine.

Hector

says...

>>I'm hoping some one out there can help me locate this file.  It's required
for
>>plotmtv to work, but I can't seem to find it.  I did a find of my linux
>>partition and nothing was found and whereis also turns up negative.  I did a
>>full installation of Slackware with Kernel 2.0.29
>libXm is the motif-library. This is a commercial product you have to buy (I
>don't think it is included in a normal slackware-distribution). So you either
>have to use lesstiff ( a free implementation but that might not work), get a
>statically linked version of plotmtv or but your own copy of motif.

>Hope that helps,

>Konstantin
>--
>Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet:

Quote:>Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

Post by Paul Roterin » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm hoping some one out there can help me locate this file.  It's
> required for plotmtv to work, but I can't seem to find it.  I did a find
> of my linux partition and nothing was found and whereis also turns up
> negative.  I did a full installation of Slackware with Kernel 2.0.29

libXm.so is one of the Motif libraries.  Motif is a commercial product
(well, there's Lesstif) so you're not going to find it in your Slackware
distribution.  There are several companies that sell Motif as well as a
freeware clone (of version 1.2) called Lesstif (www.lesstif.org).

Paul R. Rotering                        Bosque Technologies, Inc.

(505)880-8824                           Albuquerque, NM 87192
(505)880-8835 (FAX)

1. Mosaic: can't find library 'libXm.so.1'

I try to install Mosaic 2.4 (Mosaic-2.4.linux.tar.gz) binaries on Slackware 2 and
connect to the Internet means PPP.

Result:

% Mosaic
Mosaic: can't find library 'libXm.so.1'

It is possible to copy Motif libraries?

Thanks

Ciao

---

Stefano Klett

                                ___
                               (' ')
---------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo------------------------------------
Stefano Klett                                 phone:  +41 91 50 82 15
CSCS (Centro Svizzero di Calcolo Scientifico) fax:    +41 91 50 67 11

CH-6928 Manno (Switzerland)                   X.400:  S=sklett O=cscs
                                                      P=switch A=arcom C=ch

2. rsh broken?

3. mpeg_play: can't find library 'libXm.so.2'

4. help: Palette in 8 Bit x window

5. Can't find libXm.so.1.2?

6. have cron alternative, need advice

7. can't find libXm.so.3

8. Setting Up Unix on a PC

9. Papyrus and DDD can't find libXm.so.2

10. Mosaic:"Can't find libXm.so.1"

11. Can't find libXm.so.2

12. libXm.so.2 and libXm.so.0

13. libXm.so.2 ? libXm.so.1.2 ??