SOLUTION to PS Mouse on a Packard Bell PC and XF86

SOLUTION to PS Mouse on a Packard Bell PC and XF86

Post by Jorge Palosch » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Thanks to all who answered my posting on this problem. It is now solved,
thanks to the tip of Graham Williams. I have downloaded a new kernel:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/ac184/linux/distributions/debian/buzz-fixed/disk...

The default Debian kernel apparently no longer supports PS/2 mice.

Jorge

PS:Got my serial mouse back! :-)

1. PS Mouse on a Packard Bell PC and XF86

My son is trying to configure Linux on a Packard Bell PC. The mouse is
connected to the PS port and refuses to work. Some days ago, somebody
posted an article about this, and it was recommended to use /dev/psaux.
Our Linux does not have such a device (it is Debian unstable
distribution about 2 months old). We tried a serial mouse (pinched from
my PC!), and it works fine using the serial port.
Any hints would be appreciated. Guys, please help, I want my serial
mouse back!

Jorge

PS:Unfortunately my son is taller than me, therefore I need a scientific
solution to get my mouse back.

2. Problem with sound ...

3. PS/2 mouse setup for Packard Bell?

4. rxvt-2.17 Segmentation fault - Need Help !

5. Setup Q: What mouse for Packard Bell Synera 307?

6. Lilo+win95+msdos

7. Packard Bell Mouse Driver?

8. Why can't I hear Sound

9. No sound or mouse control with Packard Bell Force 4900

10. Mouse problem fixed, video modes for Packard Bell system.

11. mouse on Packard Bell notebook

12. packard bell mouse

13. Help Requested: Any problems installing/running Linux on a Packard Bell Force 487CDT PC?