Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

Post by m.. » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 22:30:53

Hi,
Does someone know if it is (or is not!) possible to change both the
screen resolution AND the virtual screen resolution at the same time
with the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus/Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus keystrokes? I
typically run at 1024x768 but would like to be able to change to 800x600
or 600x480, but without getting the "scrolling" virtual screen as a side
effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Max.

1. Resolution changing without virtual screens

Im using XFree86 4.2.0 that comes with RedHat 7.3.
So ...
I want to use resolutions 1024x768,800x600 and 640x480.
With xf86cfg I setup those resolutions and screen depth to 24bit.
When X starts it is in 1024x768 and when I use ctrl+alt+plus or
ctrl+alt+minus resolution changes, but screen stays 1024x768 big, and I
must scroll around to click on the icons and on the gnome panel ...
What is the problem.

2. Local Printer Script Not Executing (UW7.1 and VSI*Fax)

3. Silly Question - How to change "virtual" screen resolution in X11?

4. software for documentation

5. Screen Resolution and virtual Screens

6. strange Apache host queries

7. Virtual screen size and screen resolution

8. PATH setup

9. Changing screen resolution on multiple screen system

10. Newbie question: virtual screen resolution

11. resolution and virtual screens

12. Disabling virtual screen resolutions in XF863

13. I'm VERY frustrated with screen resolutions and virtual desktop