X-windows hang after switching to VC

Post by Sjoerd Kro » Thu, 04 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Haai there!

After I use the ctrl-alt-Fn buttons for swithing to a virtual console
when running X-windows I can't get back to the X-windows with the alt-Fn
key combination for the X-windo console. In that virtual console it
lookes like it has crashed??
Someone aware of this problem and how to resolve it???

Greetings,
         Sjoerd.

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. AGP and X Windows

3. Switching between text-window and X-windows

4. PPP dialup to ISP errors

5. system hangs after switching VC's (1.2.8/X-3.1.2)

6. usb adapter not working

7. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

8. gdm crashing

9. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

10. Data Switch problems in X-Windows

11. Image shifts left when switching from X-Windows to terminal

12. Switching from Text-Console to X-Windows...

13. Mach-32, X-windows, VT switching.