kde file manager (kfm) bug?

Post by Stev » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

When I browse to /dev in the kde file manager (kfm) and then right click on
cua3, kde freezes every time I try it.  This seems to be a bug.  It is
possible that because my modem is on cua3, it is not possible to do
anything with it in kde.  If this is the case, however, kde should give me
a warning message rather than freezing.

On a related note, what is the best way to exit kde when it freezes?

-Steve

1. KDE File Manager(kfm) crash???

Hi,
Oh so suddenly I experienced a kfm crash??? I'm using RH6.2 with KDE and
my file manager has been working fine sofar....but now it crashed
and when I'm trying to restart kfm I get:

X error: BadValue(integer paramete out of range for operation) 2
Major opcode: 12
Aborted

What is going on??? When I login as root with KDE there seem to be no
problem! kfm is running fine.

How do I restart my kfm when logged in in as a regular user? Or should I
fix some other (serious) problem first?
Greetings,
-hans

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Linux for Macintosh???

3. using kfm (KDE file manager) as a web browser from within Pine

4. X-Server

5. No javascript in kfm with kde-1.1.2 (kfm-1.167.2.21)

6. IMAP Inactivity Timeout

7. kde/kfm bug

8. Creative Web CAM GO !!!

9. KDE/KFM in home dir: strange bug, any fix?

10. X-Files v1.32, bug-fix - graphical file manager

11. how do you associate file with different apps in the kde file manager?

12. Intelligent mouse freezing in copy files through KDE file manager

13. KDE 3.0.1, kcontrol->File Browsing->File Associations icon bug?