Weitek P9100

Post by Jan-Dirk Ruhs » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
is it possible to get a Weitek P9100 Card (Miro 20PV AVI) working with
Xfree86 ???
Even VGA would be a gift from the gods.

Jan

Weitek P9100

Post by Martin Simmond » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Well I am using Xfree86 now wit a Diamond Viper Pro Video which has the P9100
chip.  Unfortunately I could not find any free X-Server that even gave the most
basic of things.  I bought the X-Inside server which runs very nicely.  I tried
to get info from Diamond so that maybe I could write an X-Server myself with
the help of the Xfree86 developers, but I never got a reply.  I tried for a
month, and wasted my time.

http://www.xinside.com

Martin....

1. Weitek P9100 (Diamond Viper Pro)

Just bought a new machine and after checking out the hardware HOWTO
ended up specifying a Diamond Viper PCI card, it turned up with a
Diamond Viper Pro PCI card in it however.  This means it uses a Weitek
P9100 rather than a Weitek P9000, and I am a little unsure about
compatibility.  The machine is currently at the shop so they can swap
sound cards - they may have tried to pull a fast one there, if so it has
ended up to be rather expensive.

Preferably I would like to use Xfree86, it appears that Accelerated-X
1.2 supports this card however I didn't bargain on paying $199.

Cheers

Zeb.
--
Zebedee Mason
Thermo Fluid Mechanics Research Centre, School of Engineering,

2. Should/must 'eject' be SUID root?

3. Weitek P9100 NIGHTMARES

4. foxbase

5. X and Weitek P9100

6. test posting, please respond if seen, crosspost problems

7. Weitek P9100 Suport

8. USING TALK BETWEEN UNIX AND VMS

9. Weitek P9100 Support

10. Weitek P9100