Running Applix using ReflectionX and Starnet X-Win32.

Running Applix using ReflectionX and Starnet X-Win32.

Post by Fran » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Applix seems to work fine from Linux. But when I attempt to run it from
ReflectionX and Starnet X-Win32 running in Windows95 I get this error
message:

$applix
X-Server problem - unable to access fonts
The font path being used is:

    '/usr2/opt/applix/axfonts/all_pcf'

If this is not appropriate for your display, restart
Applixware specifying '-fp your_font_path' on the
command line.

For further info, see the 'Fonts' section
of the installation notice.
start process: connect: Connection refused

Do you know what the problem is?

Frank Keeney

Post by Bryan Cha » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Applix seems to work fine from Linux. But when I attempt to run it from
> ReflectionX and Starnet X-Win32 running in Windows95 I get this error
> message:

When you run an X server on Windows 95, it only has access to fonts
installed with that X server (in the case of XWin32, it also has access
to some Microsoft fonts). Fonts installed on Linux will not be
accessible, unless you run a font server on Linux.

Bryan Chan______________________________________________________________

              http://www-ug.eecg.toronto.edu/~chanb/

Post by William Juli » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

>> Applix seems to work fine from Linux. But when I attempt to run it from
>> ReflectionX and Starnet X-Win32 running in Windows95 I get this error
>> message:

> When you run an X server on Windows 95, it only has access to fonts
> installed with that X server (in the case of XWin32, it also has access
> to some Microsoft fonts). Fonts installed on Linux will not be
> accessible, unless you run a font server on Linux.

Alternatively, you can ftp the xpm font directory from linux and
install them on the win95 box. Or better yet, dump win95 and run
applix on your local X.

--

  __...--''     __...--_..'  .;.'  http://www.catmanor.com/moonbeam/
 vi is my shepherd; i shall not font.