* HELP NEEDED PLEASE REPLY! *

Post by Ben Sinclai » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> partition I would like to boot on.. and I'm able to boot on my Windows
> partition but not my Linux... If I use a boot (linux) disk.. all work
> good.. my linux partition seems to be clean.. do you have any ideas?

>         PLEASE REPLY!

Reinstall LILO. If it boots from the boot disk, then LILO
probably got goofed somehow. I guess. :)
--
.---------------------------------------.

| GatewayMUX: mserv1.wizvax.net 5600    |
| Http://www.netins.net/showcase/llama  |
| Linux: The choice of a gnu generation |
`---------------------------------------'

* HELP NEEDED PLEASE REPLY! *

Post by Ludovic Marcott » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi..
        First of all, I know that is not the best group to post this message
but I don't see the other! Ok.. I have a Scsi Card with 2 scsi HD , #1
is a Quantum Fireball 1080 Mb and #2 is a Maxtor... My Linux system is
installed on my firts Hd (the Quantum) and Windows on the second.. All
my system worked well since this morning.. I turned on my computer and
LILO didn't want to load my Linux System.. It said:

        LILO Loading Linux

..and after it does nothing.. but I'm able to select with TAB wich

Post by Jonathan Aselti » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> > partition I would like to boot on.. and I'm able to boot on my Windows
> > partition but not my Linux... If I use a boot (linux) disk.. all work
> > good.. my linux partition seems to be clean.. do you have any ideas?

> >         PLEASE REPLY!
> Reinstall LILO. If it boots from the boot disk, then LILO
> probably got goofed somehow. I guess. :)

First, make sure your /etc/lilo.conf points to the right partition and
the right kernel image:

# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /zImage
  root = /dev/sdb1
  label = Linux
  read-only

root = your Linux partition
image = your kernel image (probably /zImage or /vmlinuz or /vmlinux)

Then, run /sbin/lilo (or something like that) to install the changes.
--
Jonathan Aseltine                    |
Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA  |

* HELP NEEDED PLEASE REPLY! *

Post by Michael Halb » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hi..
>        First of all, I know that is not the best group to post this
message
>but I don't see the other! Ok.. I have a Scsi Card with 2 scsi HD , #1
>is a Quantum Fireball 1080 Mb and #2 is a Maxtor... My Linux system is
>installed on my firts Hd (the Quantum) and Windows on the second.. All
>my system worked well since this morning.. I turned on my computer and
>LILO didn't want to load my Linux System.. It said:

>        LILO Loading Linux

>..and after it does nothing.. but I'm able to select with TAB wich
>partition I would like to boot on.. and I'm able to boot on my Windows
>partition but not my Linux... If I use a boot (linux) disk.. all work
>good.. my linux partition seems to be clean.. do you have any ideas?

>        PLEASE REPLY!

Hello,

I had the same problem one day before I had to finish my diplomarbeit.
I only was able to save important files to my dos-partition, but Linux had
to be installed again.
You have Windows-95 ? Perhaps its a problem of this *ing os!!
Oh sorry, Bill Gates told us there are no bugs in Windows 95 !

1. NEED HELP!!! PLEASE REPLY!!!

Here is my problem....

I'm trying to make a bootable CD of linux Redhat 6.0 installation
disk.
I know it could work but the problem is
1st.... i don't know which program on linux could help me to do it and
where find it...
2nd..... I'm a new linux user so here is probably the real problem ;)
then i tried to make this bootable disk with Neroburning on windows'98
that allow me to copy on a iso9660 format and allow more than 8.3
caracters. When i tried the copy, the boot CD work but when linux ask
for the CD he couldn't reconize it... There's the reason... I don't
know why but all filename change lowercase to uppercase and all "-"
caracters change for "_". According to Neroburning, looks like fat32
change the filename but you can't see it just in looking at the file,
you must copy the file and then you'll see.

The only way i found, and i'm not sure that is gonna work, it's to
copy the file in the same fat16 directory then you'll see the same
filename in uppercase (ex: Ls-lr.gz -----> copy of LS-LR.GZ). Then cut
the file to an other directory (for the new copy) and then change the
name for the good one.....Damn.... is there someone who have a better
idea that this one???? hehe.. i hope!!!

PS... Excuse my english, i'm french....

2. This has to be something really obvious ...

3. Need Help. Please Reply.

4. make, compiling and linking

5. FAQ needed. Please reply via e-mail.

6. Adaptech 1542B -> keyboard doesn't work ?

7. TEST! ----REPLY----PLEASE----NEED----TO---VERIFY

8. keyboard setup?

9. still need printer help please please please

10. Help still needed please, please, please...

11. HELP, Need help on Solaris 8, Please, Please

12. Printer Help Please (Long Reply)

13. Help: Quantum size Please reply