what version of X am I running?

Post by David Jenkinso » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have a newbie question.  How do I know what version of Xfree86 I'm
running?
Just a couple more quick questions.  My backspace doesn't work in
netscape, but it does in an xterm.  Do I use the "stty erase"
designation somewhere that only netscape knows about or what?

Does anyone know of a command that will flush unused libraries from
memory?  When I start X, I have 12mb free (I have a 24mb system).  After
running a few apps then closing them, I can never get my free memory
back down again.  I thought it was "flushlib" or something but I've
tried every variation I can think of.

Thanks.

Please e-mail me replys.  I can never find my original post in the
newsgroups.

1. what version of dga am I running?

I have version 4.0.2 of xfree86 running on my Debian/sid distribution.  I
am using the glint Xserver on a "Elsa Gloria Synergy" video card from
3dLabs.  It works fine.  However, I have an application (VMWare Workstation
2.0) that requires DGA2.0 to fully-enable all of it's features.

I can see that DGA is loaded when the extlod module is loaded at X startup.
 How can I verify what  version of DGA it supports ?

Thanks
--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

2. XFree86 on Thinkpad 760E

3. (Q) How do I find what version of KDE I am running?

4. STB Virge (OEM/Gateway) Linear Buffer Problem

5. What version of Perl am I running?

6. Latest CD Recorder Linux Releases ??

7. how do i find out what version of X i am running

8. Tracking bytes received by dialup connection

9. What version of Solaris am I running?

10. What KDE version am I running?

11. how do I find out which version of X i am running?

12. How can I find out what version of Apache I am currently running?

13. What version of Motif am I running, etc.